I know I am 4 days late to post this but still it is better late than never right? Well, I think my 2016 sucked pretty much because of all the workload I had in college. Too many exams. Too much stress. But still I managed to read 25 books. I know I shouldn’t be really proud of such a small number but I am really impressed with myself that I managed to read at least 25 books last year (I really had a hectic schedule). I had stopped writing on wattpad. I quit posting on my bookstagram for a while (for long).
The books I read in 2016 are as follows:
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy : 5/5 stars
- The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (#1) by Sophie Kinsella : 3/5 stars
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell : 5/5 stars
- Adultery by Paulo Coelho : 2/5 stars
- Alice in Wonderland (#1) by Lewis Caroll : 2/5 stars
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell : 5/5 stars
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: 5/5 stars
- Fantastic Beasts and where to find them : 5/5 stars
- Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon : 5/5 stars
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Parts one and Two) by John Tiffany: 5/5 stars
- Revenge by Taslima Nasrin : 2/5 stars
- Fallen (#1) by Lauren Kate : 5/5 stars
- Sushi For Beginners by Marian Keyes : 5/5 stars
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden : 5/5 stars
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell : 5/5 stars
- Mirai Nikki (Volumes 1 to 12) by Sakae Esuno : 5/5 stars
- The Girl with The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer : 4/5 stars
So, as you can see, I read some amazing books last year. I discovered two amazing authors. One being, Rainbow Rowell and the other one being Khaled Hosseini.
Best books of ’16 : Fangirl, The Kite Runner and Memoirs of a Geisha
I read two non-fiction books and I am really proud. Haha. Plus, I enjoyed them too much. Non-fiction is not really my genre to start with but those books made my year.
I also read my first manga last year and it was amazing. I have already posted the review for Mirai Nikki in my blog.
Other than the books I read, I finished my MBBS final year. And this year, I am going to start my internship. I hope I get enough time to finish my goal of 50 books this year.
- First of all, my reading goal, as I said, is 5o books this year. I am planning to follow a few reading challenges this year.
- I want to get started with some of the series this year – Six of Crows and The Crooked Kingdom (duology), ACOTAR and ACOMAF (before ACOWAR gets released), The Maze Runner series and The girl with the dragon tattoo series.
- I am also planning to watch more anime. Plus, I have been waiting to watch Doctor Who for so long now. (Sherlock too. Benedict is bae. I hate the word bae but he is. lel.)
- I am also planning to start journaling this year, inspired by some awesome people on instagram (@thegirlwiththejournal and @noor_unnahar). It will help me stay organised and that is something I love.
- I am planning to buy lots of books this year. But there is not really a number because WE NEVER SAY NO TO BOOKS, DO WE? I am going to the World Book Fair this year too, so, I am expecting a major book haul very soon.
- Some of my other goals are really just impulsive, I guess, but if they work out, I will tell you about them.
So, this is it. I hope you guys get to fulfill all your goals for this year and get to enjoy it more. Happy new year, again. 🙂